*Be mindful that the interpretation phone costs the school per minute of use. Try using Google Translate before resorting to translator phone.
How to Use
- Check out interpreter phone from the Group Practice receptionists at the front desk or use your own cell phone to call the translator line. They can also be checked out for use in specific specialty clinics.
- If using interpreter phone from school dial 9.1.877.457.6598. If using your cell phone dial 1.877.457.6598
- Say the language for which you need an interpretor.
- State your status at the school i.e. student, faculty etc.
- Give the access code (different per specialty clinic)
- 8 Oral Surgery
- Do not put translator phone on hold during clinical procedures. Hang up and call back if translator is necessary again.
- Speak in short sentences & pause often for interpretation.
- Give small pieces of information to the translator at a time so they can translate your message more directly. Excessive information given to the translator may be summarized and may not reflect the message you wanted to deliver directly.
- Speak clearly in first person during the call and encourage clarification
- Recognize and acknowledge cultural issues quickly and respectfully.
- Customer Support: 888.983.5352
Written by El Dentista Spanish Club
Written By HIllary Koh, Ashley Koh, Kevin Chung, and Ada Hui (Class of 2019)