- Caries removal and removal of old restoration from the tooth should be completed and indirect pulp cap placed (if necessary) prior to build-up.
- Ensure that matrix system or tofflemire is placed and there is an adequate seal.
- Apply Prelude Primer (Yellow unit dose vial) to entire coronal tooth structure for 15 - 20 seconds with a scrubbing motion. (Rewetting of the brush may be required with primer to adequately cover entire coronal tooth structure based on the area/size).
- Gently air dry tooth with dry air stream (air only unit) for 7-10 seconds to remove water carrier (heavy /strong air blast not recommended) and ensure material is not pooled.
- Apply Prelude Adhesive (Black unit dose vial) to coronal tooth structure for 15-20 seconds. (Rewetting of the brush may be required with adhesive to adequately cover coronal tooth structure).
- Evaporate solvent with gentle dry air stream initially and increase air pressure progressively to thin adhesive and drive ethanol carrier off, do not cure.
- Apply Prelude dual/self cure Link (Red unit dose vial) liberally onto entire coronal tooth structure in a single application, no need to scrub.
- Evaporate solvent with dry air stream for 5 seconds.
- Place and extrude Anchor and back fill space while lifting tip out of preperation and placing to desired countour, do not overfill. Flash light cure for 5 seconds total from buccal to lingual to avoid slumping.
- Once build up is completed to desired contour, lateral flash cure for stabilization can be done. Allow the material to self cure for at least 3 minutes from the finish of the Anchor placement of coronal aspect. Then, light cure 20 seconds from all directions.
- The build-up is now ready for preparation. If buildup is being used as a temporary, check occlusion and interproximal contacts are proper.
Fiber Post and Build-up Protocol
Verify all prerequisite canal preparation steps are satisfactory.
Figure 1: Post space length calculation from radiograph.
Figure 2: Preparing post space.
Adhesion (Self Etch Protocol)
Post and build-up placement
Figure 4: Adhesion steps 1-7 slide series.
Fig. 5: Dual syringe/endo tip assembly
Figure 6: Post placement steps 2- 7 slide series
Figure 7: Points at which to flash cure 5 seconds.